Access Center for People with Disabilities
Earbuds and USB Drives
Frequently Asked for Items Which Are Not Available
iPads for Kids
Laptops to Take Home
Meeting, Conference & Study Room Reservations
Skype (Not currently available)
Public computers with Internet access are available at all locations except Gregory School and HMRC. You may use a valid MY Link card or get a guest pass from staff.
Public computers have the following software installed:
- Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Reader
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome
Each public computer session is one hour long. There is no limit to total number of sessions.
Laptops are available for in-house use only.
- Customer must present a valid library card with no fines, no blocks, that is at least 30 days old.
- Staff will hold photo ID until laptop is returned.
- Laptop will only be checked out to the cardholder.
- Only one laptop per person per card may be checked out.
- Customers under 18 who have parental permission may use parent's ID.
Checkout Period: 2 hours
Overdue Fine: $25/hour (or any part thereof)
Replacement Fee: Item cost ($1500) + $150 processing fee
- place a hold from the catalog
- pick it up from an HPL location near you
- check out period is 3 weeks
- overdue fine: $25/day
- replacement fee: item cost ($300) + $30 processing fee
- damaged or lost case or charger: $10 each
Mobile hotspots are available for library customers to check out. Visit the library catalog to place a hold today!
- Customer must present a valid adult library card with no pending fines/fees.
- Customer must present a valid, government issued photo ID.
- Customer will submit a checkout agreement each time a device is checked out.
- Devices may be returned to the service desk.
- Devices may be returned to any HPL location.
- Only one type of device per person per card may be checked out.
- If damaged or lost, replacement fees may apply.
- Technical support is available Monday - Friday, 9 AM- 5 PM, at 281-387-7998
- Replacement fee if lost/damaged: $80 + $10 processing fee
- Damaged case/charger/cord: $10 per item
Quick Mobile Hotspot Guide
- Before using the Hotspot, charge it for 3 hours. You may still use it while it is charging.
- To turn the Hotspot device on, press and hold the power button until you see the word “Welcome” on the LCD screen.
- In order to get a better wireless signal, make sure you are in an area that is covered by the Sprint network.
- The wifi network name and password appear on the LCD screen. It is printed on the label of some devices.
- The Hotspot device works on most wifi enabled devices such as laptops, desktops, smart phones and tablets. To connect your device, find the wifi network name on your device and connect to it.
- The Hotspot battery will last between 8 to 24 hours depending on usage. To shut down or turn off the device completely, press and hold the power button until you see the word “Goodbye” on the LCD Screen.
- When you are ready to return the Hotspot to the library, place the device and charger in the box. Make sure to return it to the service desk and not in the drop box.
- Please be gentle with the device, charger and case!
Wifi is available at all locations. No library card is necessary to connect to the wifi network.
You can now print from your mobile device, onsite or remotely. Simply visit our Locations page. Choose your preferred location and follow the prompts. It's easy and fast. Download the free Printeron app and send print requests from your smart phone!
Color copies are only $0.50 per page (black and white is still $0.15 per page). You may use coins/bills and/or credit/debit card to print.
Earbuds ($3) and 4-GB flash drives ($8) can be purchased at Central Library and all Neighborhood Library locations. (with the exception of Fifth Ward Neighborhood Library and HPL Express Discovery Green)
Microfilm readers are available at Central Library, Houston Metropolitan Research Center (HMRC), Clayton Library Research Center for Genealogical Research, and The African American Library at the Gregory School. Files can be saved to a USB drive for free or printed. (see printing fees above)
Fax services are available at Buelah-Shepard Acres Homes and Smith Neighborhood Library. Please check with staff for availability. Faxes can be sent but not received, and they can be sent to local and toll free numbers only.
Cost for fax is:
iPads are available at some locations for children ages 2 and up. iPads are loaded with apps for math, letters, shapes, games and more.
- iPads must be checked out by a parent or guardian with a valid, fine-free library card that is at least 30 days old.
- We do hold a valid government-issued ID while the iPad is checked out.
- The iPads may not leave the building or, if at Central, the Kids area.
Checkout Period: 2 hours
Overdue Fine: $25/hour (or any part thereof)
Replacement Fee: Item cost ($699) + $150 processing fee
Locations offering iPads for KIDS:
Scan library materials as you browse our collection. Simply place the items on the Express Checkout device on your way out to demagnetize. Requires the free HPL meeScan app available on both Android and iOS platforms.
Look what's new in Downtown Houston!
We've made checking out your favorite books easier than ever with the BOOKLINK. Scoop up the latest fiction books, New York Times Bestsellers and even a wifi Hot Spot during your lunch hour or walk through downtown. Stop by BOOKLINK at one of three downtown locations:
- One Allen Center next to Amille's Coffee shop
- The Shops at Houston Center inside the food court
- Discovery Green in the Morgan Reading Room. Open Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Follow us on Instagram to let us know your favorite books from the BOOKLINK!
The Houston Public Library offers many services for people with disabilities and/or special needs.
The Access Center for people with visual and hearing disabilities located on the first floor of the Central Library provides special adaptive equipment, materials in accessible formats, and library services for patrons with special needs who are:
- Blind and/or visually impaired
- Deaf and/or hearing impaired
The Access Center is open during Central’s regular hours of operation. Appointments for tours and orientations are requested.
The Access on Demand program also allows customers to request a laptop with JAWS (screen reading software) and ZoomText (screen magnification software) for use at any library location.
Skype Services are available for reservation at the Central Library only for up to 3 hours for:
- Family and friends contacting active/deployed members of the armed forces.
- Online tests or examinations lasting more than one hour.
- Job interviews and interview preparation.
For more information on how to reserve a room and what you need to bring with you, please call 832-393-1313.
We are often asked if we offer the following items. Unfortunately, these items are not available at any Houston Public Library.
- Projectors (computer, film, or slide)
Book a room online at one of the following locations near you.