1. His inspiration for writing Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great: "I remember grade school (and now, this very second) trying to differentiate myself. There’s always someone who is effortlessly better than you at everything you try."
2. His characters and animations have appeared on Nick Jr, Playhouse Disney and PBS Kids.
3. "My brain is very stubborn. I have to keep tricking it into giving me anything at all. If I tell it to do something it will flat out refuse."
4. As a kid, some of his favorite books were Encyclopedia Brown and The Great Brain Series.
5. He lives in Connecticut with his wife, Colleen, and his son, Ryan.